Galway Festival Final Day 2013
Kalellshan was a superb winner of a novice hurdle earlier in the week and Denis Hogan's star will look to bag his second win at the Galway Festival on Sunday in what looks a fascinating renewal of the Connacht Tribune Handicap Chase at 3:55pm.
He will need to produce that sort of form over the larger obstacles and there will be some notable challengers including His Excellency and Banna Man, who won the race back in 2010.
Elsewhere on the card, Nearest The Pin could prove to be a cut above his rivals in the Galway Bay Beginners Chase at 3:20pm, but Willie Mullins' Sicilian Secret could be a lively adversary in another cracking contest.
Patrick Kelly Three In A Row was very impressive when winning last time out and will be tough to beat in the Martinstown Opportunity Handicap Hurdle at 2:15pm, whilst Our Nana Rose will be looking for her third win in a row in the Easyfix Mares Handicap Hurdle at 2:45pm.
Sure Reef and Train of Thought have both tasted success over hurdles this week and they will both return to the flat in the Trappers Inn Handicap at 5:00pm, whilst Dermot Weld's Elegant Concorde will make an eagerly-anticipated return to the track in the FR Breen Memorial Flat Race, which completes the card at 6:00pm.
Day Seven Race Card
Below are the race cards for the seven races to be held this afternoon:
- 2.15 Martinstown Opportunity Handicap Hurdle Result (2m2f)
- 2.45 Easyfix Mares Handicap Hurdle Result (2m)
- 3.20 Galway Bay Beginners Chase Result (2m1f)
- 3.55 Connacht Tribune Handicap Chase Result (2m 1f)
- 4.20 Galway Shopping Centre Handicap Result (7f)
- 5.00 Trappers Inn Handicap Result (1m 4f)
- 5.30 Sean Cleary Memorial Fillies Maiden Result (1m 4f)
- 6.00 FR Breen Memorial Flat Race Result (2m)
Galway Races Mad Hatter Day
The big Galway races feature of the day is the Connacht Tribune Centenary Handicap won last year by Truckers Delight. Check out our Galway Festival tip for the race this year. The final day of the Galway races is also of course the famous 'Mad Hatters' day, when nearly everyone dons a hat of some description, some highly creative,others not so. Whatever is on the head it helps enormously to create one of the best days of the week. Sadly Sunday is also the time to say farewell to friends made, experiences enjoyed, races won and to Galway, one of the most beautiful places in Ireland.
Day Seven Tips
Day five on Friday evening at the Galway festival is one of the better evenings, it is seriously well attended and a real party spirit develops generated by the live bands, the guinness and the oysters. There is something for everyone on Friday evening at the Festival and is always made that much better by nabbing a winner or two, esspecially at good prices in the Galway odds, in the process, particularly if they have been backed using one of our Galway Festival Free Bet Offers.
Galway Festival Day One
Galway Festival Day Two
Galway Festival Day Three
Galway Festival Day Four
Galway Festival Day Five
Galway Festival Day Six
Galway Festival Day Seven
- Irish 1000 Guineas Betting Just The Judge can take Curragh consolation
- Tattersalls Gold Cup Odds Camelot The Hot Curragh Favourite
- Code Of Honor could provide value in the Betfred Silver Bowl betting
- Irish 2000 Guineas Odds Magician heads betting at the Curragh
- Temple Stakes odds suggest Sole Power can regain his Haydock crown
- Contributer heads the betting for Goodwoods Cocked Hat Stakes
- Harmonic can hit the right Note in the Height of Fashion Stakes betting
- Epsom Oaks Ante Post Betting Preview Secret Gesture edges favouritism for fillies classic