Galway Festival Day 1 2013
Day one of the Galway Festival is always a hotly-anticipated one as the whole of Ireland brace themselves for a week long extravaganza.
Racing will kick off at 4:00pm with the Radisson Hotel Galway Novice Hurdle and there is set to be a terrific battle in the opening hurdle race as Dermot Weld looks to kick off the week with a winner and Train of Thought will fly the Rosewell House flag, but Philip Fenton's Discoteca will be a major adversary in a cracking opener.
30 minutes later Teach Nua will be another Weld representative towards the head of the betting in the Hotel Meyrick Handicap Hurdle, whilst Aidan O'Brien's Line Drummer will be all the rage in the betting for the Claregalwayhotel EBF Maiden at 5:00pm.
The highlight comes at 5:35pm as Fosters Cross looks to retain his Galway City Handicap crown, but an ultra-competitive field will line up, whilst the end of the meeting will still offer lots to the punters with Claytonhotel Galway Handicap at 6:10pm and the Galway Oyster Hotel Handicap at 6:40pm both tricky conundrums for punters
Galway First Day Racecard
The seven races on Day One of the Galway Races are:
- 4.00 pm - Radisson Hotel Novice Hurdle Result (2m)
- 4.30 pm - Hotel Meyrick Handicap Hurdle Result (2m)
- 5.00 pm - Claregalwayhotel EBF Maiden Result (7f)
- 5.35 pm - Galwaycity Handicap Result (2m)
- 6.10 pm - Claytonhotel Galway Handicap Result (7f)
- 6.40 pm - Galway Oyster Hotel Handicap Result (1m 4f)
- 7.10 pm - Pilot Hotel Galway Flat Race Result (2m)
Galway Races Day One Tips From Tom Lee
RTE's Tom Lee will be yet again providing our readers with his top tips for the entire Galway Festival and he has put up two selections for the opening day of the Ballybrit extravaganza.
2013 Galway Races Free £250 Bet From Paddy Power
The Galway Festival is probably the best attended racing festival in all of Ireland, with approximately 250,000 people attending over its seven day duration. Top Irish Bookmaker Paddy Power will be offering their famous FREE BETS throughout the week long meeting.. The Festival comes at the very end of July and the first week in August and for many is the highlight of the summer. Over 100 million Euros were gambled in 2011 on the festival, with 30 million being taken on course alone. There will be many Paddy Power betting offers available which punters should take advantage and combine it with our Galway Races 2012 tips.
Galway Festival Day One
Galway Festival Day Two
Galway Festival Day Three
Galway Festival Day Four
Galway Festival Day Five
Galway Festival Day Six
Galway Festival Day Seven
- Royal Skies tipped to pick up Queens Vase at Ascot
- 2013 Coronation Stakes Odds Guineas winners go head to head at Ascot
- King George V Stakes Odds Space Ship can fly at Royal Ascot
- 2013 Ascot Gold Cup Odds Estimate heads betting to give Queen a winner
- Ribblesdale Stakes Betting Winsili to land Group Two win for Gosden
- Tercentenary Stakes Odds Back Van Der Neer to land a red hot Group Three
- Norfolk Stakes Odds Coach House Could Give OBrien Another Ascot Win
- Britannia Stakes Odds Wentworth a marginal favourite for competitive handicap