Galway Festival Day 4 2013
Moon Dice was a spectacular winner of the Guinness Galway Handicap Hurdle 12 months ago and Paul Flynn's stable star will look to emulate those heroics on the fourth day of the Galway Festival by storming to victory in the 2m contest at 4:50pm.
However, a stellar field are set to line up in the highlight of the meeting and Willie Mullins' Drive Time will head into the race in superb form and has been attracting significant support in the ante-post betting and has to be a major player.
Donald McCain will send over his improving Lexi's Boy from England, whilst the likes of 2011 Galway Plate winner Blazing Tempo and Rebel Fitz add yet more depth to what is set to be a fascinating renewal in the middle of the card.
Noel Meade could kickstart the day in winning fashion as he saddles the classy Silverhand in the Perfect Pint Beginners Chase at 1:50pm, whilst Willie Mullins' Laganbank will be a popular selection in the Guinness Sumer Series Novice Chase at 2:25pm.
An array of classy fillies will line up for the Arthur Guinness EBF Fillies Stakes at 3:35pm and Dermot Weld's Yellow Rosebud will prove to be popular, but Aidan O'Brien will saddle an interesting duo in Empowering and After, whilst later on in the card, Denis Hogan's Inis Meian will go in search of his third win on the bounce in the IRFU Charitable Trust Handicap at 5:30pm in what is another wide open event for punters to get stuck into.
Day Four Racecards
Below are the racecards for the eight races to be held today:
- 1.50 - Perfect Pint Beginners Chase Result (2m 6f)
- 2.25 - Guinness Summer Series Novice Chase Result (2m 1f)
- 3.00 - Guinness Time Handicap Result (1m 100y)
- 3.35 - Arthur Guinness EBF Fillies Stakes Result (7f)
- 4.10 - Arthur Guinness Fund Novice Hurdle Result (2m 4f)
- 4.50 - Guinness Galway Handicap Hurdle Result (2m)
- 5.30 - IRFU Charitable Trust Handicap Racecard & Odds (1m 4f)
- 6.05 - Arthur's Legacy National Hunt Flat Race Racecard & Odds (2m)
Galway Races Day Four Tips
RTE's Tom Lee has provided our readers with a tip for this afternoon's Guinness Galway Handicap Hurdle in what looks a cracking renewal of the 2m event at 4:50pm.
2013 Galway Races Free £250 From Paddy Power
The Galway Festival is probably the best attended racing festival in all of Ireland, with approximately 250,000 people attending over its seven day duration. Top Irish Bookmaker Paddy Power will be offering their famous FREE BETS throughout the week long meeting.. The Festival comes at the very end of July and the first week in August and for many is the highlight of the summer. Over 100 million Euros were gambled in 2011 on the festival, with 30 million being taken on course alone. There will be many Paddy Power betting offers available which punters should take advantage and combine it with our Galway Races 2012 tips.
Galway Festival Day One
Galway Festival Day Two
Galway Festival Day Three
Galway Festival Day Four
Galway Festival Day Five
Galway Festival Day Six
Galway Festival Day Seven
- Royal Skies tipped to pick up Queens Vase at Ascot
- 2013 Coronation Stakes Odds Guineas winners go head to head at Ascot
- King George V Stakes Odds Space Ship can fly at Royal Ascot
- 2013 Ascot Gold Cup Odds Estimate heads betting to give Queen a winner
- Ribblesdale Stakes Betting Winsili to land Group Two win for Gosden
- Tercentenary Stakes Odds Back Van Der Neer to land a red hot Group Three
- Norfolk Stakes Odds Coach House Could Give OBrien Another Ascot Win
- Britannia Stakes Odds Wentworth a marginal favourite for competitive handicap