Galway Festival Day 2 2013
Dermot Weld and Pat Smullen bagged a stunning victory in the Topaz Galway Mile Handicap 12 months ago with Stunning View and the deadly Ballybrit duo will team up again on Tuesday at 5:35pm in the contest with top weight Rock Critic.
However, a stellar field will line-up for the highlight on day two of the Galway Festival with George Kent's Custom Cut looking to notch up his fifth win on the bounce, whilst Kevin Ryan's Pintura is an intriguing runner.
Elsewhere on a cracking card, Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh could get off to a good start as they saddle the well-fancied Zuzka in the Topaz Novice Hurdle at 4:00pm, whilst Walsh will team up with his father Ted in the Latin Quarter Steeplechase at 4:30pm with the classy Devil's Elbow.
A strong field of 20 runners will line up for the Topaz Handicap at 5:00pm, whilst Weld could well venture back into the winner's enclosure at the end of the meeting, as Big Break will be a tough newcomer to beat in the Caulfieldindustrial Fillies Maiden at 6:10pm, whilst Moonbi Creek will be a lively challenger for the Rosewell House master in the Caulfield Industrial Athlone Handicap at 6:40pm.
Galway Day Two Card
- 4.00 pm - Topaz Novice Hurdle Result (2m)
- 4.30 pm - Latin Quarter Steeplechase Result (2m 6f)
- 5.00 pm - Topaz Handicap Result (2m)
- 5.35 pm - Topaz Galway Mile Result (1m 100y)
- 6.10 pm - Caulfieldindustrial Fillies Maiden Result (7f)
- 6.40 pm - Caulfield Industrial Athlone Handicap Result (7f)
- 7.10 pm - Caulfieldindustrial.com EBF Maiden Result (7f)
Galway Races Day Two Tips
RTE's Tom Lee will be yet again providing our readers with his top tips for the entire Galway Festival and he has put up two selections for the opening day of the Ballybrit extravaganza.
2013 Galway Races Free £250 From Paddy Power
The Galway Festival is probably the best attended racing festival in all of Ireland, with approximately 250,000 people attending over its seven day duration. Top Irish Bookmaker Paddy Power will be offering their famous FREE BETS throughout the week long meeting.. The Festival comes at the very end of July and the first week in August and for many is the highlight of the summer. Over 100 million Euros were gambled in 2011 on the festival, with 30 million being taken on course alone. There will be many Paddy Power betting offers available which punters should take advantage and combine it with our Galway Races 2012 tips.
Galway Festival Day One
Galway Festival Day Two
Galway Festival Day Three
Galway Festival Day Four
Galway Festival Day Five
Galway Festival Day Six
Galway Festival Day Seven
- Code Of Honor could provide value in the Betfred Silver Bowl betting
- Irish 2000 Guineas Odds Magician heads betting at the Curragh
- Temple Stakes odds suggest Sole Power can regain his Haydock crown
- Contributer heads the betting for Goodwoods Cocked Hat Stakes
- Harmonic can hit the right Note in the Height of Fashion Stakes betting
- Epsom Oaks Ante Post Betting Preview Secret Gesture edges favouritism for fillies classic
- Epsom Derby Ante Post Betting Preview Dawn Approach even money for Classic glory
- 2013 Lockinge Stakes Odds Declaration Of War heads betting at Newbury